Nova Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nova Gaming

Almost Christmas! :D

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Civil Protection Authority - A Reform for Better RP.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Duckhead666
Admin
Duckhead666

Civil Protection Authority - A Reform for Better RP. Empty
PostSubject: Civil Protection Authority - A Reform for Better RP.   Civil Protection Authority - A Reform for Better RP. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 7:13 pm

The Misconception.

Anyone who has been on a Half Life 2 Roleplay Server knows exactly what a Civil Protection Unit is. They're augmented, near-robotic badasses who can shrug off bullets like pinches. They are pointlessly mean to citizens just because they're in a bad mood. They shoo people away from park benches if they stop to sit down for a moment. They never go offline, constantly wandering the streets, patrolling for minor crimes to beat people to a pulp for. Their masks and vocoders reflect their actual personalities; inhuman and robotic.

Right?

Wrong.

Units in the CPA are just as human as the citizens, if not more so. They are forced to try and reclaim their humanity every day, trying desperately to connect with their peers to avoid becoming no more than a mask and a number. As they rank up, more and more is demanded of them. They are forced to become role models for the recruits, and corralled even farther by the Union and forced to commit more and more crimes against the people who were once their friends. They show no emotion not because they have no emotion to show, but because should they reveal that they are weak to the populace, either the CPA or the people themselves will punish them for it. Their masks do not protect their faces so much as their identities, as to reveal your status as a Unit to the populace could be to condemn you to death at their hands. Under all of those straps, buckles, bullet resistant layers and trauma pads, they are no better than any citizen.

However, the citizens don't know that. This fact is very important. Everything about the CPA is designed to hide their humanity from the citizens. Union High Command wants them to be afraid of the CPA, even if the Units themselves feel like monsters because of it. More than anything, they're forced to fill a role. They are told that they should act a certain way, and they do. They pretend to be big and scary, until eventually it's not pretending any more. Eventually your duties as a Unit grow beyond the point that you can find time for yourself as a human, and you become what you once hated. And once that time comes, you look at yourself in the mirror and all that's left is the mask, and those two cold, reflective lenses, and that's too much for some people.

So, do you still feel like applying for CPA?
Back to top Go down
Sinic
Owner
Sinic

PostSubject: Re: Civil Protection Authority - A Reform for Better RP.   Civil Protection Authority - A Reform for Better RP. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 7:19 pm

This is great!
And it's true, people just join the CPs so they have a less chance of being PKd (which is actually correct, because CPs are very replaceable) and so they get a weapon easily.

But I think we should make it so everytime a CP dies that is close to the tolerance level of a PK, they should be lowered one rank and their last two digits will be changed (45645 -> 45678), they can still keep their personality though.

Even if they were an 04 they would be lowered to a RCT, or a DvL to an EpU, I think SeC is an exception though, but I would probably be offline from SeC for about a week or two, then I will be back on and change my last two digits possibly.

But I need to let people know that if you want to be a CP, you need to roleplay on the citizen that you want to be CP for for atleast a week, and probably have roleplayed in the server for about a month or maybe less.

Back to top Go down
https://novagaming.forumotion.com
Duckhead666
Admin
Duckhead666

PostSubject: Re: Civil Protection Authority - A Reform for Better RP.   Civil Protection Authority - A Reform for Better RP. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 1:54 am

Sinic wrote:
This is great!
And it's true, people just join the CPs so they have a less chance of being PKd (which is actually correct, because CPs are very replaceable) and so they get a weapon easily.

But I think we should make it so everytime a CP dies that is close to the tolerance level of a PK, they should be lowered one rank and their last two digits will be changed (45645 -> 45678), they can still keep their personality though.

Even if they were an 04 they would be lowered to a RCT, or a DvL to an EpU, I think SeC is an exception though, but I would probably be offline from SeC for about a week or two, then I will be back on and change my last two digits possibly.

But I need to let people know that if you want to be a CP, you need to roleplay on the citizen that you want to be CP for for atleast a week, and probably have roleplayed in the server for about a month or maybe less.

Take it farther than that. You off-duty is PK'd, your digits change entirely and you get to choose any rank lower than your current one.

And didn't you hear about my wanting to knock SeC out entirely? It's just more canon.
Back to top Go down
Sinic
Owner
Sinic

PostSubject: Re: Civil Protection Authority - A Reform for Better RP.   Civil Protection Authority - A Reform for Better RP. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 2:23 am

Quote :
Take it farther than that. You off-duty is PK'd, your digits change entirely and you get to choose any rank lower than your current one.

And didn't you hear about my wanting to knock SeC out entirely? It's just more canon.

People usually love their first three numbers and get really uses to them.
Back to top Go down
https://novagaming.forumotion.com
Duckhead666
Admin
Duckhead666

PostSubject: Re: Civil Protection Authority - A Reform for Better RP.   Civil Protection Authority - A Reform for Better RP. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 11:33 pm

Sinic wrote:
Quote :

People usually love their first three numbers and get really uses to them.

Too bad. Don't die.

The consequences should be big to get people to actively avoid death as one does in real life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Civil Protection Authority - A Reform for Better RP.   Civil Protection Authority - A Reform for Better RP. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Civil Protection Authority - A Reform for Better RP.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nova Gaming :: Garry's Mod - Half-Life 2 Roleplay :: Suggestions & Complaints :: Faction Suggestions :: CPA Suggestions-
Jump to: